Saturday, April 24, 2010

One Happy Dog

Here's an updated picture of Miss Lucy. It's been two years since we first set eyes on her, and the difference is truly amazing. She's gone from a fearful, abandoned dog to a pampered lap dog. We were both outside this afternoon, and she seemed to be enjoying the warm sun as much as I was.
We made some interesting discoveries as we were poking around. The wrens are making a nest in the corner of the fence! It was tempting to go look, but I think I'll stay away and get the binoculars so I don't disturb them. Also, we have some really interesting "weeds" that have sprouted up with the recent rains. This is a very tall (about 5'), slender plant with pods that are turning all different colors. *Image not retouched, btw. This is how it actually looks. There were also some delicate purple flowers at the top a few days ago. If anyone knows what this plant is called let me know-I'm curious!





4 comments:

sandra flood said...

She is adorable! It is just amazing what a good home will do for an abused dog. I just love them so much more than humans!

Leslie Sealey said...

Ha ha, their only agenda is how to get more treats! I'm always amazed at what a little love and attention will do (for humans and dogs).

Lori kiergaard said...

Thanks for sharing Lucy, Leslie. I am so glad that she found you.

Leslie Sealey said...

She is a really wonderful dog; I feel like she was meant to be with us.