Sunday, August 09, 2009

Chicago River

9x12" oil on panel

This is a little painting I did for myself, as a memento of my trip to Chicago last year. There was so much to see! I think I had sensory overload and couldn't process it all. I always thought I should have made a painting from our architectural boat tour, and here it is, a year late!
























*Off Topic, but here is a fabulous recipe that I've made twice so far. It's one of the easiest and best-tasting summer desserts I've made.
Neely's Blueberry Crisp.
Enjoy!

13 comments:

Jo said...

I love how you say a little painting

like this is just something you did on your way to work

this is really good and you obviously have talent

rob ijbema said...

i always like yoyr city scapes leslie,especially when as subtle as this!

Leslie Sealey said...

Thanks Jo, that is a very kind comment!

Leslie Sealey said...

Rob, I'm glad you like this one; I tend to like my "grey" paintings the best. : )

Don Coker said...

This is a beautiful piece, Leslie! I love the gray day and subtle tones.

Linny D. Vine said...

Hi Leslie,

Wonderful composition and colors - all the greys and just your little hit of pure blueberry blue!

Lori kiergaard said...

Love it, Leslie!

Leslie Sealey said...

Thanks, Don! It's amazing how colorful "grey" can be.

Leslie Sealey said...

Hi Linny, that's one of my favorite art tricks- mostly neutrals with a splash of color. : )

Leslie Sealey said...

Thanks Lori, that's especially nice coming from someone who knows Chicago like you do!

Sheila Vaughan said...

So calm and full of mystery and atmosphere Lesley. I could look at this for hours.

lifeartist said...

Hi! I;m from Chicago and I recognize this location. I have season tickets to the Lyric Opera and the building on the left is the back of the stage of the Lyric. Congrats!

Leslie Sealey said...

Thanks! I thought Chicago was amazing and hope to go back for another visit.