Thursday, April 10, 2008

Glass Bottom Boat

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been posting much lately! There's a lot going on; a show May 31st in Austin (this painting is for the Austin show) a group show in Chicago June 1st, plus we are right in the middle of buying a house! The theme for the Austin show is "The Boat Show." We have glass-bottom boats at a place called Aquarena Springs here in San Marcos, TX. Aquarena Springs is the headwaters for the San Marcos River and there are literally thousands of springs all in this one spot. The boat tour is amazing; you can see the springs bubbling up from the bottom of the lake, plus all sorts of fish and wildlife. It is one of my favorite spots.

11 comments:

silvina said...

Good stuff is happening in your life! Congrats on buying a house.
My favorite spot in this painting is the emerald green glow of the water. The wood grain is beautifully painted too.

Leslie Sealey said...

Thanks Silvina! You are right; good stuff is happening!
I am ready to get in the new house, and hopefully that will
be soon! : )

Brothergrimm said...

Very cool work, interesting subject, and nice job on the woodgrain (another very hard thing for me to get down)! And congrats on your new house!

Dani Brandimarte said...

Great painting, Leslie! I went to school in San Marcos but never made it to Aquarena Springs. You've inspired me to go back and check it out!

Leslie Sealey said...

BG, thanks! This one was pretty challenging. I will be so glad to have a bigger space to work in, too!

Leslie Sealey said...

Dani, Aquarena Springs is a real treasure. My husband and I go there a lot to walk and unwind, and we are always seeing something new! It's a great place to visit.

David Lobenberg said...

Great, somewhat surrealistic view. Reminds me EXACTLY of the glass bottom boat they had at Lover's Point at Monterey, Calif. They are long, long gone, but I went on them when I was a kid. I'm now 61 years old.

Leslie Sealey said...

I'm glad you like the view! I thought it was kind of cool to see the surface and underwater at the same time.

Jason Waskey said...

Great subject matter choice (as per your usual, Leslie)

rob ijbema said...

never know what to expect,visiting your blog Leslie...
interesting subject once again,the wood is very convincing and the glass bottom works well,onwards and up wards!

Leslie Sealey said...

Ha ha, thanks Rob! I always try to do something different and keep things interesting. : )