Saturday, December 08, 2007

Christmas Show

Here's a snapshot from the "Alice in Wonderland" show at the Wally Workman Gallery in Austin, TX. The gallery was packed wall-to-wall with people; Fatima Ronquillo was kind enough to take this picture for me. She is a fellow artist at the gallery and her work was featured in Southwest Art Magazine a few months ago. I also saw David Clemons this evening, and I wanted to share the painting he made for the show. David's painting is called "Invitation from the Queen." It is 10x16" and painted with casein (a milk-based paint). The jpeg doesn't even do it justice; he has so many subtle colors woven into it, and it is very rich-looking in person. I also love the way he presents the queen's messenger-as if that sort of thing happens every day!

Here I am in front of my painting, "Advice From A Caterpillar." I was really happy with the framing on this; I have a good framer in Austin and they selected a moulding that was just right.



























This is David Clemon's painting, "Invitation From The Queen", 10x 16" casein

6 comments:

Dani Brandimarte said...

How fun! I wish I would have gone. My friend Carol is in that show and I saw Rob Harrell's piece during the East Austin Studio Tour. Everyone is so great at that gallery. Your piece really stands out, I'll make sure to see it in person sometime this month. Oh, and I'm going to link to you on my blog if you don't mind.

silvina said...

Leslie,
What a great theme! Looks like you had a great time at the show.

Leslie Sealey said...

Hi Dani,
It was a really fun evening and I wish I had taken a picture to show how packed the gallery was. There is a nice variety of artwork on display, including some crazy-good sculptures. : ) Feel free to link, thanks!

Leslie Sealey said...

Silvina, I did have a great time! It was fun seeing what everyone came up with.

Sorrentino said...

you have great mood going on in your paintings!!! CHEEERS!!! ;)

Leslie Sealey said...

Thank you Sorrentino! : )