Friday, March 23, 2007

Austin Evening

SOLD
Here's one I did last summer when I first started my blog. This painting will be included in an "urban landscapes" show in April. The gallery is called The Art at Eighteen and it is located in Milford, NJ. I am always pleased with the paintings that owner and fellow artist David Bogart selects for his gallery. He has a knack for choosing the ones I do more intuitively, without over-analyzing things. This painting will be for sale through the gallery (as shown, framed) and you can go to their website, The Art at Eighteen for contact information.


6 comments:

Brothergrimm said...

I like how the buildings work to show perspective. I suppose it's a simple thing to like, but I can imagine how hard it is to do cityscapes and keep out tangencies.

David Bogart said...

thanks leslie. it looks wonderful framed and our little gallery is lucky to have you!

david

Leslie Sealey said...

Hi B.G! I still need to get back to doing a few more paintings like this one. I thought it worked pretty well as a flat design, too, and I like that tension between flat pattern/real space.

Leslie Sealey said...

David, thanks for stopping by. : )
This little gem will be on its way to you next week!

Tom Kidd said...

I love the car just about to disappear over the downward curve of the road. Those break lights will be eclipsed shortly. I'm waiting . . .

Leslie Sealey said...

Thanks Tom! The car about to disappear from view is my favorite part of the whole painting.