Monday, September 11, 2006

The Red Awning

SOLD
Here's a look at a studio painting I'm working on. It's 24x48" and still very much "in progress." I still have a lot of things to resolve and pull together; I've been working on it most of the day. One thing I enjoy exploring in my paintings is the tension between abstract design and realism. I think this one is headed nicely in that direction. There's a little bit of camera distortion especially at the bottom-it looks uneven but it's nice and straight in real life. : )

6 comments:

BMarshall62 said...

I ike this a lot - especially the windows behind the truck. Great color balance and composition.

bdelpesco said...

This is great... I can't wait to see the final version!

Leslie Sealey said...

Thanks! I'm ready to wrap this one up, maybe 2 more sessions will do it.

Leslie Sealey said...

Belinda, I added your name to my links section; I think your monotypes are outstanding! I love printmaking and I went through a big monotype phase last year. Your work makes me want to break out the printmaking gear again.

william wray said...

I like this one, you have some nice patterns going.

Leslie Sealey said...

Thanks, Bill! This is really the direction I'm after; it's very hard to let go and allow it to be even more abstract. You can probably see why I follow your work so closely-similar concerns.